Hungry Jack" Biscuit Taco Casserole
Hungry Jack Refrigerated Buttermilk Flaky Biscuits - 1 (12-ounce) can
Sharp Cheddar cheese - 4 ounces (1 cup) shredded
4 oz. (1 cup) shredded mozzarella cheese
Sliced ripe olives - 1 (2 1/4-ounces.) can, drained
Lean ground beef - 1/2 pound
Red bell pepper, if desired - 1/4 cup, chopped
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper, if desired
Green Giant Mushroom Pieces and Stems - 1 (4-ounce) can drained, if desired
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
2. With a nonstick cooking spray, coat a 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish.
3. Coat taco sauce evenly in bottom of sprayed baking dish.
4. Split the dough into 10 biscuits; cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. Place biscuit pieces in taco sauce; turn to coat.
5. Scatter biscuit pieces with 1/2 cup of the Cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the olives; mix gently.
6. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until bubbly.
7. As it bakes, in medium skillet, combine ground beef, bell peppers and mushrooms; cook over medium-high heat until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
8. Take away the baking dish from oven. Dust the remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese over mixture in casserole. Top with ground beef mixture.
9. Return to oven; bake an additional 5 to7 minutes or until mixture bubbles vigorously around edges.
10. Serve hot.