Jarlsberg Party Swirl
Black olives - 1/4 cup, chopped & pitted
Green pepper - 1/4 cup, minced
Chili powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Garlic salt - 1/4 teaspoon
Butter or margarine - 1/4 cup, melted
Jarlsberg cheese - 1 cup, shredded
1) Take a greased shallow bowl and place bread dough in it. Cover, defrost and let rise until doubled, according to package directions.
2) In another bowl combine olives, pepper, cheese, chili powder and garlic salt. Nicely blend all the ingredients.
3) Divide dough into three balls. On a lightly floured board, roll each ball into 15 x 3-inch rectangles. Brush with melted butter. Keeping aside 1/4 cup cheese for the topping; sprinkle the rest over each rectangle. Roll each dough sheet in jelly-roll fashion. Braid together and pinch the ends to seal firmly. Place on an greased baking sheet.
4) Bake for 25 minutes at 375°F.
5) Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup on top of bread and bake for 5 more minutes.
6) Enjoy the bread on its own or with your favorite bread-spread.