Olive And Cheese Eye-Ball Bites
|For olive and cheese eye ball bites|
|White plain flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Wholemeal plain flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Paprika||2 Teaspoon (add more for more spicy)|
|Cold butter||180 Gram, chopped|
|Grated cheddar cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Pimiento stuffed green olives||40 Large (Manzilla)|
|For blood sauce|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Tomato puree||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned pimientos||400 Gram, drained and sliced|
1. Rinse the olives under cold water and drain well. Pat with absorbent paper. Keep aside.
2. Sift the flours with the paprika into a medium bowl.
3. Add the cut up butter to the flour and rub in until mixture resembles sand.
4. Stir in cheeses and mustard.
5. Add enough egg to the mixture to make a stiff dough.
6. Press dough into a ball and wrap with cling film.
7. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
8. In the meantime, make the blood sauce by heating the olive oil in a medium saucepan.
9. Add onion and garlic and saute for 4 minutes until soft.
10. Add tomato puree, pimientos and saute.
11. Add water to the sauce and stir. Bring to a boil.
12. Blend cornflour in water and stir into sauce. Cook, stirring until the blood sauce thickens and bubbles. Take pan off the heat and keep the sauce warm.
13. Roll the dough out thinly, on floured work surface.
14. Use an 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter to cut dough circles. Make 40 or equal to the olives.
15. Wrap each olive in the pastry circle and shape into a round.
16. Fry the Olive-cheese bites in hot oil or bake them in hot oven until golden brown.
17. Cool slightly.
18. Cut the some of the Olive and Cheese Eye-Ball Bites into half and leave others whole.
19. Arrange them on a platter.
20. Reheat the Blood sauce if you want and pour into a bowl.
21. Provide cocktail toothpicks to eat the Olive and Cheese Eye-Ball Bites with the blood sauce.
Image courtesy - http://relright.tumblr.com