|For cheese pastry|
|Flour||4 Ounce (100 gram)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Cheddar cheese||3 Ounce, finely grated (75 gram)|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce (100 gram)|
|Rolled oats||3 Ounce (75 gram)|
|Butter||4 Ounce (100 gram)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F or Gas Mark 6
2. Grease baking sheets for use
3. Prepare the topping by mixing all the ingredients in a small bowl
4. In a large bowl, sift the flour and seasonings till they are well mixed.
5. Add the butter and rub the butter into the flour to make fine breadcrumbs.
6. Add the cheese, egg yolk and water to the pan and mix to form a stiff dough and knead well till the dough it smooth.
7. Roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut out into 20 to 24 rounds with a 5 cm/2 inch plain cutter.
8. Place these rounds on the greased sheet and top with the topping. Bake in a hot oven for 20-25 minutes till they are golden brown.
9. Cool quickly on a wire rack.
10. If you are not serving them immediately, transfer them to a stiff container after separating the layers with foil paper. Seal the container, label and refrigerate till required.
11. Serve immediately
12. Thaw the cheese crispies by placing them on a serving dish for 1-2 hours.