|Flour||5 Ounce (150 gram)|
|Mustard powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Butter||4 Ounce (100 gram)|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, finely grated (100 gram)|
|Potato||1 Ounce, finely crushed (25 gram)|
|Salt||To Taste (for sprinkling)|
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F or Gas Mark 6
2. In a large bowl, sift the flour, seasonings and mix well.
3. Add the butter to the bowl and rub the butter into the flour till the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
4. Add the cheese and the crisps to the flour mixture and mix well
5. Add the egg yolks to the dough along with water to make a stiff dough. Knead the mixture till smooth.
6. Roll the dough out on a floured surface and cut into small round that are about 2.5 cm/1 inch across. This will make about 50 rounds or squares
7. Place the rounds on a greased baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven for 12-14 minutes till cooked golden-brown.
8. Sprinkle with salt and set aside to cool on a wire rack.
9. After cooling, these can be chilled for later use. Pack them in a rigid container after separating the layers with foil paper and seal the container for later use.
10. Serve sprinkled with salt immediately after cooking.
11. If removing from the refrigerator, arrange in a single layer on a serving dish and thaw till they reach room temperature in 1-2 hours.