Cottage Cheese And Crab Mousse
|Gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce (15 g)|
|Water||1⁄4 Pint (150 ml)|
|Cottage cheese||1 Pound (450 g)|
|Watercress||1 3⁄4 Ounce, stalks removed and leaves finely chopped (1/2 bunch)|
|Canned crab meat||8 Ounce, drained and flaked (1 can)|
|Single cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Watercress sprigs||3 (to garnish)|
1. In a pan of hot water and stir until the gelatine has dissolved.
2. Put the cottage cheese in a bowl and add salt and pepper.
3. Add the crabmeat, cream and lemon juice; mix very thoroughly.
4. Stir in the gelatine to the crabmeat mixture.
5. Spoon the mixture into a serving bowl, then chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
6. Seal and return to the freezer; label the bag as it makes it easier to distinguish.
7. To thaw: remove wrappings and thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
8. Garnish the mousse with watercress sprigs and sour cream.