Cottage Cheese Loaf
|Cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Mixed peel||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF (180°C).
2. Apply butter or margarine on a 9x5x3 inch (23 x 12 x 7 cm) loaf pan.
3. In a blender, smooth cottage cheese or force through strainer.
4. Transfer cheese into bowl.
5. Add in sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Keep aside.
6. Into a second bowl, put in remaining ingredients. Mix well.
7. Pour into first bowl. Mix well.
8. Pour into 9x5x3 inch (23 x 12 x 7 cm) loaf pan.
9. Bake in oven for about 1 hour. Cool for 10 minutes before turning out to finish cooling on rack.
10. Make slice and serve. Or wrap and store.
Calories 403 Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.2%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109.5 mg36.5%
Sodium 578.3 mg24.1%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.8%
Sugars 38.8 g
Protein 13 g25.6%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 18.4%
Calcium 22.7% Iron 16.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet