Chicken Divan With Cream Cheese
|Chicken breast halves||4 , skinned and boned|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (1 package)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), freshly grated, divided|
|Broccoli spears||8 Small|
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Spray an 11x7-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a saucepan, heat oil and add the chicken; cook till chicken is lightly browned and just done. If chicken is cooked too long, it may be tough and dry after baking.
4. Meanwhile, place cream cheese and milk in top of double boiler.
5. Cook over low heat until cream cheese is melted and mixture is blended.
6. Stir in 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese.
7. In a large pot, steam broccoli over a small amount of water until it turns bright green, do not over cook.
8. Arrange the chicken in the baking dish and pour cream cheese mixture over the top.
9. Place the broccoli over and around the chicken.
10. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4-cup Parmesan cheese.
11. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
12. Serve hot with dinner rolls as an excellent mail dish.