Cheesy Nut Patties
|Onion||1 , quartered|
|Celery stalks||2 , cut into pieces|
|Canola oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Mixed nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), unsalted, chopped|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Low fat swiss cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
1. In a bowl, combine together egg, egg white, salt and pepper.
2. In a non stick skillet, heat oil and add quartered onions, celery stalks and sautÃ© until soft.
3. Remove the skillet from heat and add chopped nuts, chopped parsley, bread crumbs and cheese.
4. Add the egg mixture prepared and stir.
5. Prepare 4 patties from the mixture, using wet hands.
6. in a preheated broiler, broil the patties for about 3 minutes on each side until brown and firm.
7. Serve hot.