Goat Cheese Pizza with Herb Crust
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (105�-115�F)|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Mixed dried herbs||3 Tablespoon|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Fresh basil||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Goat cheese||4 Ounce, crumbled|
1. ln a small bowl, add warm water, yeast and sugar. Allow the yeast to rest 5 minutes, until it becomes foamy.
2. In another bowl, combine flours, mixed dried herbs and make a well in the center and pour in yeast mixture with oil, salt, and pepper. Gradually stir until dough comes together into a ball.
3. On a lightly floured surface knead dough about 8 minutes. Place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover, and allow proofing for 60 about minutes, until doubled in volume.
4. Spread the dough to ½ inch thickness, brush with olive oil and sprinkle walnuts and basil and season.
5. Sprinkle crumbled goat cheese over the topped pizza.
6. In a preheated oven bake the pizza at 250 degrees centigrade for about 15 to 20 minutes, until crust is brown and cheese is golden in color.
7. Serve hot.
Calories 1182 Calories from Fat 404
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g71.5%
Saturated Fat 17.3 g86.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59.5 mg19.8%
Sodium 367.2 mg15.3%
Total Carbohydrates 152 g50.6%
Dietary Fiber 14.5 g58.1%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 44 g87.4%
Vitamin A 50.6% Vitamin C 7.5%
Calcium 59.7% Iron 62.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet