Frozen Cheese and Strawberry Dessert
|Cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Strawberries||1 Pint, crushed and sweetened|
1. In a food mill, tip in the cottage cheese and process well to make a uniform paste. Pour the mixture into a large bowl.
2. Add the lemon juice and sugar to the bowl and beat well till smooth
3. Add the sour cream to the bowl and mix well again
4. Pour the mixture into a refrigerated tray and chill till the mixture is firm around the edges. This will take 15-20 minutes
5. Turn the mixture into a bowl and beat again.
6. Return the mixture back to the refrigerator tray and freeze chill again till set
7. Serve chilled in squares with sweetened berries, defrosted ones, raspberries, blueberries, sliced peaches etc