Goat Cheese Toasties With Sun Dried Tomato And Basil
|Sun dried tomatoes||13 (dried in a package, not in oil)|
|Goat cheese||2 Ounce (1/2 package of, at room temperature)|
|French baguette/Small baguette - 1||1⁄2|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Red bell pepper||1 , chopped|
|Basil||1 Ounce, finely shredded (1 bunch)|
1) Preheat broiler.
2) In a bowl of hot water soak the sun-dried tomatoes for about 20-30 minutes until soft.
3) Chop them.
4) In a bowl mix sun-dried tomatoes with goat cheese and pesto until paste like consistency.
5) Cut baguette into 1/2-inch slices.
6) In a small bowl mix olive oil and garlic together.
7) Sprinkle black pepper over it.
8) With a pastry brush baste the baguette slices with the mixture.
9) Place in oven and broil on the middle rack for less than 1 minute.
10) Take out the slices from oven.
11) Take a small shallow dish and spread chopped red pepper and shredded basil at the base of it.
12) Scoop out rounded tablespoons of goat cheese spread.
13) Softly place it over peppers and basil.
14) Place the dish at the center of a large platter.
15) Arrange warm slices of bread around it.