Cream Cheese Frosting
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce, softened (1 Package)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, softened|
|Sifted confectioners sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Combine together the softened cream cheese, vanilla and butter or margarine in a small mixing bowl.
2) Beat the mixture with an electric mixer set on low speed till it is light.
3) Add the sifted confectioners' sugar gradually. Beat till the mixture is fluffy. If needed, add the milk in order to make the frosting of spreading consistency.
4) Add the chopped pecans, if preferred, and stir well.
5) Use as preferred to frost a cake of choice.
To make Chocolate Cream Frosting, prepare the Cream cheese frosting the same way but do not add vanilla. Melt 1 square of 1-ounce unsweetened chocolate, let it cool and add to the cheese with butter.