Green Gulch Lettuces With Sonoma Goat Cheese
|Boston lettuce head/Butter lettuce head||1 Small|
|Romaine lettuce head||1 Small|
|Pecan halves||3 Ounce (About 3/4 Cup)|
|Navel oranges||3 Large|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Light olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shallot||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Mild goat cheese/Sonoma goat cheese||5 Ounce|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) Trim off the damaged parts of the watercress, red leaf, Boston and romaine lettuces. Rinse thoroughly in cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Tear the green into bite-size pieces.
3) Cut the orange zest from 1 orange and mince into ½ teaspoon zest.
4) Peel the remaining oranges over a bowl to collect the juices.
5) Remove the outer membranes from the orange sections and separate the individual segments.
6) Reserve 3 tablespoons of the juice.
7) In a baking sheet, spread the pecans and place into oven to bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until they begin to brown.
8) In a small bowl, add vinegar, oil, shallot, reserved orange juice, orange zest and salt and pepper to taste. Combine properly.
9) In a large bowl, add the greens, orange segments, pecans and vinaigrette. Toss well.
10) In the serving plates, arrange the salad and top with crumbled goat cheese before serving.