Green Gulch Lettuces with Sonoma Goat Cheese
|Boston lettuce head/Butter lettuce head||1 Small|
|Romaine lettuce head||1 Small|
|Pecan halves||3 Ounce (About 3/4 Cup)|
|Navel oranges||3 Large|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Light olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shallot||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Mild goat cheese/Sonoma goat cheese||5 Ounce|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) Trim off the damaged parts of the watercress, red leaf, Boston and romaine lettuces. Rinse thoroughly in cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Tear the green into bite-size pieces.
3) Cut the orange zest from 1 orange and mince into ½ teaspoon zest.
4) Peel the remaining oranges over a bowl to collect the juices.
5) Remove the outer membranes from the orange sections and separate the individual segments.
6) Reserve 3 tablespoons of the juice.
7) In a baking sheet, spread the pecans and place into oven to bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until they begin to brown.
8) In a small bowl, add vinegar, oil, shallot, reserved orange juice, orange zest and salt and pepper to taste. Combine properly.
9) In a large bowl, add the greens, orange segments, pecans and vinaigrette. Toss well.
10) In the serving plates, arrange the salad and top with crumbled goat cheese before serving.
Calories 430 Calories from Fat 321
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.8%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g46.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.8 mg8.3%
Sodium 170.8 mg7.1%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.4%
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 11 g21.7%
Vitamin A 142.6% Vitamin C 122.4%
Calcium 30.2% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet