Pear and Blue Cheese Salad with Toasted Walnut Dressing
|Mixed salad greens||10 Cup (160 tbs)|
|Red onion||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Red pears||2 , quartered, cored and thinly sliced (dip pears in a mixture of 3 tablespoons each water and lemon juice)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Coarsely chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||6 Tablespoon|
|Ground white pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Gorgonzola cheese||4 Ounce|
1. On 8 salad plates for salad, arrange salad greens and onion and pear slices.
2. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. For dressing, toast walnuts in oil over medium heat in a heavy medium skillet about 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. Reserving oil in skillet, drain walnuts on a paper to drain.
5. To the oil in skillet stir in vinegar, sugar, salt and white pepper over medium heat until well blended.
6. To serve spoon dressing over salads and sprinkle with toasted walnuts and cheese.
Calories 617 Calories from Fat 499
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86.6%
Saturated Fat 10.7 g53.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 25 mg8.3%
Sodium 645.1 mg26.9%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g21.9%
Sugars 13.9 g
Protein 12 g24.4%
Vitamin A 42.1% Vitamin C 59.4%
Calcium 20% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet