Fruit Cheese Log
|Dried apricots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Del Monte)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Monterey jack cheese||1 Pound, shredded|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Poppy seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Seasoned salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Golden seedless raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Del Monte)|
|Finely chopped pitted dates||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped nuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. In a small bowl, add the apricots and water. Let soak for 2 hours until soft and plump.
2. Drain and chop the apricots. Combine with raisins and dates.
3. Cut out a 12-inch X 9-inch piece of foil or wax paper.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the two cheeses and milk.
5. Use a wire whisk or wooden spoon to beat the mixture until smooth and creamy.
6. Add the poppy seeds, salt and fruits and mix lightly but thoroughly.
7. Turn the mixture out onto the piece of foil or wax paper and shape into a log.
8. Roll tightly, twisting the ends of the foil or paper like a sweet wrapper.
9. Refrigerate until the cheese mixture is firm.
10. Just before serving, un-wrap the cheese log and roll it in the nuts.
11. This makes a wonderful dessert at a party and should be accompanied by assorted crackers and fruits like grapes, apples, pears, pineapple etc.