Black Forest Ham And Goat Cheese Pizza
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons)|
|Eggplants||2 Small, cut into thin and long slices|
|Basic pizza dough circles||4|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated fontina cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly grated mozzarella cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cubed goat cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black forest ham||4 Ounce, thinly sliced, julienned|
|Basil||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to 500° F. Lightly sprinkle a wooden pizza paddle with flour or semolina.
2) In a large skillet, heat 1/4 cup of olive oil over moderate heat. Add in the eggplant slices and saute for about a minute till it browns lightly on both sides. Drain the eggplants onto paper towels.
3) Take a basic pizza dough and place it on the wooden paddle. Brush all over the pizza with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. One by one sprinkle on top of the pizza, pepper flakes, fontina, mozzarella, eggplant, goat cheese, ham and basil.
4) Slide the wooden paddle into the oven over the hot pizza stone.
5) Bake the pizza for about 10 to 12 minutes or until the cheese on top starts to bubble and melt.
6) Take the pizza out onto a flat cutting board.
7) Cut out individual slices and garnish with more basil leaves.
8) Serve the pizza hot on warm plates.