Blue Cheese Fondue
|Blue cheese||4 Ounce, crumbled (1 package, Treasure Cave)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, cubed|
|Monterey jack cheese||8 Ounce, cubed|
|Kirsch||1 Tablespoon (cherry brandy)|
1. Into a 2-quart heavy bottomed saucepan, pour wine and add the cream cheese.
2. Place pan on a low flame and heat the wine gently, stirring frequently, until the cream cheese blends with the wine.
3. Add Monterey Jack cheese, in batches, and stir constantly but gently until cheese melts.
4. Continue adding remaining cheese until all of it has been added to the pan.
5. Similarly blend in the blue cheese.
6. When cheese mixture is smooth and thick, stir in brandy.
7. Pour immediately into a fondue pot.
8. Serve the fondue immediately with cubes of bread and skewers.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2190 Calories from Fat 1529
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 182 g280.4%
Saturated Fat 104.9 g524.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 574.5 mg191.5%
Sodium 3755.9 mg156.5%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 9 g
Protein 94 g187.6%
Vitamin A 122.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 243.2% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet