Banana Cupcakes With Orange Cream Cheese Glaze
|For the orange cream cheese glaze:|
|Low fat cream cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Freshly squeezed orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange zest||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For the garnish:|
|For cupcake batter|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Oat bran/Wheat bran||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cloves/Pumpkin spice||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Dried ginger powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ripe banana||4 , mashed|
|Carrot/Zucchini||1⁄2 Large, grated|
|Butter||6 Tablespoon, softened|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray non-stick spray on the cupcake moulds.
2) Soften the cream cheese by keeping it out at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
3) In a large bowl, mix together flour, bran, baking soda, salt, cloves or pumpkin spice and ground ginger.
4) Into a bowl, add the mashed bananas, carrots and zucchini. Mix thoroughly.
5) In a third bowl, add softened butter, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla. Whip them using an electric blender. Whip till no lumps of sugar remain.
6) Fold in the walnuts into the butter and egg mixture.
7) Using an electric blender on low, mix the dry ingredients into the wet. When all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed, add in the banana-zucchini-carrot mixture and mix in with a spoon.
8) Pour the batter into the cupcake moulds.
9) Bake for 20 minutes.
10) Once baked, let the cupcakes cool down completely before frosting them.
11) In a bowl, add softened cream cheese, orange juice, honey, vanill and orange zest. Whisk well to get a smooth and thick glaze.
12) Layer a tablespoon of glaze on each cupcake.
13) Garnish the Banana Cupcakes by sprinkling a few chopped walnuts over each cupcake.