Cheese Fondue With Truffles
|Cheese||14 Ounce, cut into small cubes|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|White truffle||1 , very finely sliced|
1) In a bowl, place the cheese and cover it with milk. Let it soak for several hours.
2) To make the fondue, either use a double boiler or a saucepan set in a pan of hot water.
3) In the top pan, place half of the butter together with the cheese, milk and egg yolks.
4) Melt the ingredients over low heat, continuously mixing with a whisk.
5) Once the cheese turns into a thick cream, add some white pepper.
6) Cut the remainder of the butter into small pieces and add them to the cheese mixture.
7) Stir the fondue for a few minutes more.
8) Sprinkle the fondue with slices of truffle and serve right away, while still hot. This fondue is consumed with a fork, like scrambled eggs, and makes a good appetizer. Can also be served as a snack.