|Cheshire cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Dinner roll||1 , crusts removed and crumbled|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , yolks separated from the whites, whites stiffly beaten|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In the cream, boil the crumbs of the roll for about 5 minutes, or till tender.
3) In a large mortar, beat the cheeses and butter with the cream mixture and the egg yolks.
4) In case wine is being used, add it to the mixture. Fold in the egg whites.
5) Among 6 individual greased ramekins, divide the mixture.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, till the batter is a fine brown in color.
7) Serve the Ramekins while they are still quite hot. A sprinkling of preferred cheese makes a good garnish.
Calories 467 Calories from Fat 356
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g62.2%
Saturated Fat 24.3 g121.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 253 mg84.3%
Sodium 397 mg16.5%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.33 g1.3%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 17 g33.4%
Vitamin A 26.2% Vitamin C 0.2%
Calcium 35.3% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet