Warm Salad Of Feta Cheese And Tomatoes With Garlic Shrimp
|Arugula||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Curly endive head||1 Small|
|Red leaf lettuce head||1 Large|
|Feta cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
|Olive oil||10 Tablespoon (1/4 Cup Plus 6 Tablespoons)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed through a press (Medium Cloves)|
|Shrimp||1 Pound, shelled but with tails left on (24 Medium Sized)|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Pint (About 20 In Number)|
|Minced fresh oregano||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1. Trim away the ends and any wilted outer leaves of the arugula, endive and red leaf lettuce. Separate the leaves, wash them well and dry. Tear the leaves into bite-size pieces, wrap and refrigerate. (The greens can be prepared up to 1 day ahead.)
2. Rinse the feta of its salty brine, pat dry and crumble. Reserve at room temperature for up to 2 hours. When you are ready to complete the salad, toss the greens and feta together in a large bowl.
3. In a medium nonreactive skillet, combine 1/4 cup of the olive oil and the garlic. Cook over moderately low heat, stirring frequently, until the garlic begins to sizzle gently, about 2 minutes. Add the shrimp, season with a pinch of salt and cook, stirring, until they are pink, curled and opaque, about 5 minutes. Do not let the garlic brown. With a slotted spoon, leaving as much garlic behind in the skillet as possible, transfer the shrimp to a bowl and cover with foil to keep warm.
4. Add the remaining 6 tablespoons olive oil, the cherry tomatoes and oregano to the skillet. Cook over moderate heat, tossing and stirring gently, until the tomatoes are heated through and the oregano fragrant, about 5 minutes.
5. Add the vinegar to the pan, increase the heat to high and bring just to a boil. Immediately pour the contents of the skillet over the greens and feta in the bowl and toss well.
6. Divide the salad among 6 plates. Garnish each salad with 4 shrimp, season generously with pepper and serve at once.