|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grated swiss cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg||2 Tablespoon, beaten|
1. Blend flour and butter.
2. Work in the cheese and egg. Blend thoroughly, adding seasonings to taste.
3. Chill dough 1 hour.
4. Roll out chilled dough 1/8 inch thick between sheets of waxed paper.
5. Cut into rounds with a 2A inch cutter.
6. Then cut into each round to make a half-moon shape.
7. When dough is all used, gather trimmings into a ball. Re-roll and re-cut. (Chill before re-rolling if needed).
8. Place 'moons' on lightly greased and floured cookie sheets.
9. Brush with extra beaten egg.
10. Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes.
11. Cool, then store in an airtight container, or freeze until needed.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1280 Calories from Fat 799
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g139.8%
Saturated Fat 56.3 g281.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 374.2 mg124.7%
Sodium 619.6 mg25.8%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.8%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 39 g78.8%
Vitamin A 61.4% Vitamin C 0.84%
Calcium 78.9% Iron 28.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet