Overnight Cottage Cheese
|Low sodium low fat milk||1 Quart|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a glass container with lid, pour the milk.
2) Let it stand in a warm spot, until the curd separates completely from the whey (liquid portion).
3) By using a colander lined with a cheesecloth, strain the curds and whey.
4) Squeeze and take out remaining liquid, if any.
5) To a mixing bowl, transfer the curds.
6) To this, add the sour cream.
7) With a wire whisk, beat until smooth and creamy.
8) Store in the refrigerator and use as required, in any dish of your choice.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 493 Calories from Fat 163
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28%
Saturated Fat 11 g55.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.6 mg5.2%
Sodium 572.7 mg23.9%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 47.4 g
Protein 33 g65.6%
Vitamin A 3.5% Vitamin C 0.45%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 0.28%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet