Cheese Straw Bundles
|Plain flour||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Butter||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Parmesan cheese||4 Ounce, grated (100 Gram)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Paprika pepper||To Taste|
1) Preheat oven hot to 400°F, 200°C or Gas No. 6.
2) In a large bowl sift together flour and seasoning.
3) Cut butter and rub with the mixture until fine and crumbly.
4) Add Parmesan cheese and combine.
5) Fold in beaten egg and work until it forms rough dough.
6) Lightly dust a board with flour and turn the dough on it. Knead until smooth.
7) Roll out to about 1/4 inch (1/2 cm) thick. With a 1 1/2-inch (3 1/2-cm) round cutter make twenty-five circles from a portion of the dough.
8) Cut remaining dough into cheese straws.
9) With 1-inch-(2 1/2-cm) cutter shape the centers of the pastry circles to form twenty-five rings.
10) Grease lightly baking sheets and arrange the circles and straws over it.
11) Bake above centre in a hot oven for 8-10 minutes until pale golden brown.
12) Transfer on wire cooling tray to cool.
13) When lightly warm, dip the ends of the straws in paprika pepper.
14) When cold and firm, fit the straws through the rings to make bundles.
15) Serve immediately.