Cherry Cheese Crescent Braid
|Refrigerated crescent dinner rolls||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Pineapple cream cheese spread||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (From An 8 Ounce Container)|
|Egg||1 , separated|
|Candied red cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Granulated sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), powdered|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red candied cherries||4 (If Desired)|
1) Preheat oven to 375°F.
2) Using cooking spray grease cookie sheet.
3) Open out dough onto cookie sheet to form 13 x 7-inch rectangle.
4) Press firmly the tears to seal.
5) In a medium bowl add cream cheese and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar. Beat well.
6) Beat in egg yolk.
7) Add chopped cherries and stir.
8) Spoon along the length towards down center of dough rectangle in 2 1/2-inch-wide strip.
9) Cut 1-inch-wide strips on each side of cream cheese.
10) Fill with 1/2 inch of filling.
11) Fold strips at an angle across, filling mixture alternately from side to side.
12) In a small bowl, beat egg white and water.
13) Baste egg white mixture over dough. Discard the remaining egg white mixture.
14) Sprinkle 1 teaspoon granulated sugar over it.
15) Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
16) Take off immediately from cookie sheet and put on serving tray.
17) Cool for 5 minutes.
18) In a small bowl add powdered sugar, almond extract and enough milk. Mix together.
19) Drizzle the glaze over warm braid.
20) Decorate with candied cherries on top.
21) Cool for 15 minutes before slicing.
22) Serve warm or store in refrigerator.