Turkey Blue Cheese Sandwich With Grace Salad
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sherry vinegar/Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Watercress||4 Ounce (1 Bunch)|
|Seedless grapes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Preferably Red)|
|Pecan halves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat bread slice||4|
|Blue cheese||4 Ounce, crumbled|
|Turkey||6 Ounce, sliced, baked or smoked|
1. In a small bowl combine the oil and vinegar and season lightly with salt and pepper.
2. Rinse the watercress and cut off the leaves, leaving about 1/2 inch of stem and dry them.
3. Rinse the grapes and leave them whole if they are small or else halve them.
4. Coarsely chop the pecans.
5. In a mixing bowl combine them with the watercress, grapes and half the dressing.
6. Right before serving, toast the bread lightly, butter the toasted bread slices while still warm and sprinkle them with the blue cheese.
7. Draping the turkey slices over the blue cheese drizzle the remaining dressing over the turkey.
8. Serve the sandwiches open-face, with the grape and watercress salad alongside.