John Wayne's Cheese
|Green chili||8 Ounce|
|Monterey jack cheese||1 Pound|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Pound|
|Canned evaporated milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. Remove seeds from chilies, and dice. In a large bowl, combine the grated cheese and green chilies. Turn into a well-buttered, shallow 2-quart casserole (12 by 8 by 2 inches)
3. In large bowl, with electric mixer at high speed, beat egg whites just until stiff peaks form when beater is slowly raised.
4. In small bowl of electric mixer, combine egg yolks, milk, flour, salt, and pepper; mix until well blended.
5. Using a rubber scraper, gently fold beaten whites into egg-yolk mixture.
6. Pour egg mixture over cheese mixture in casserole, and using a fork, gently run it through the cheese.
7. Bake 30 minutes; remove from oven, and arrange sliced tomatoes, overlapping, around edge of casserole. Bake 30 minutes longer, or until a silver knife inserted in center comes out clean.
8. Garnish with green chilies and serve hot