Mushrooms and Cheese In Pasta Shells
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Jumbo pasta shells||8 Ounce|
|Pasta shells||8 Ounce|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Mushrooms||1 Pound, chopped|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|For the sauce|
|Soft butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Marsala/Any sweet red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|35% whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Frozen green peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Wild mushrooms||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
1) Preheat the oven.
2) Cook the pasta shells till tender for about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3) In a skillet, heat oil and saute garlic and mushroms till soft. Add in green onions and cook for 2 minutes. Allow to cool.
4) In a blender, add the above mixture along with parmesan cheese and blend to a fine puree.
5) Stuff the pasta shells with the puree and lay in the baking dish.
6) In a saucepan, bring to boil the shallots and Marsala Wine. Turn down the flame cooking for 2 minutes. Mix in cream and cook for 2 minutes.
7) Add in the butter and cook for a couple of minutes before adding in tomatoes, peas and mushrooms.
8) Season the sauce with salt and pepper and pour it evenly the pasta.
9) Wrap an aluminium foil tightly around the dish and bake for about 30 minutes.
10) Serve the Mushrooms and Cheese In Pasta Shells hot.
Calories 984 Calories from Fat 427
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.8%
Saturated Fat 21.8 g108.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 77.7 mg25.9%
Sodium 704.4 mg29.4%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g27%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 31 g61.2%
Vitamin A 21.2% Vitamin C 23.7%
Calcium 33.5% Iron 20.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet