Broiled Kale, Tomato, and Mozzarella Sandwiches
|Extra-virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), peeled and finely chopped|
|Kale||1 Pound, washed|
|Kale||1 Pound, roughly chopped, washed, and drained|
|Bagels/8 1/2-inch-thick slices crusty bread, preferably cut from a round peasant loaf, boule||4 , cut in half|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, sliced|
|Part skim mozzarella||6 Ounce, sliced|
|Part skim mozzarella||6 Ounce, sliced / grated|
1. Heat the broiler.
2. In a Dutch oven heat the olive oil over medium heat and saute the garlic, stirring it constantly, until it is soft and fragrant.
3. Add the kale cover the pot and steam such that the water that clings to its leaves is sufficient to steam it until it is tender, stirring it occasionally.
4. If necessary, add more water to prevent it from burning) and season it with the salt and pepper.
5. Lightly toast the bagels or slices of bread and place them on a baking sheet.
6. On each bagel half or slice of bread evenly distribute the kale, place a slice of tomato and a couple of slices of cheese and broil until the cheese is melted and golden.
7. Serve hot with beverage or as a snack.