Prime Rib With Blue Cheese Sauce And Garlic Mashed Potatoes
|Rib eye||3 Pound, trimmed|
|For the prime rib|
|Boneless rib eye roast||3 Pound, trimmed of excess fat|
|Russet potatoes||2 Pound, chopped|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|For the garlic mashed potatoes|
|Russet potatoes||2 Pound, peeled and chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), thinly sliced|
|For the blue cheese sauce|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shallots||4 , minced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced to a paste|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Blue cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crumbled (Such As Maytag, Gorgonzola, Or Stilton)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Dash|
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Season the prime rib with salt and pepper on both sides.
3. In a roasting pan, place the seasoned meat and sear in the oven for 15 minutes.
4. Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees and cooking for another 1 hour or more as desired.
5. Take out the meat from the oven and let it rest for about 5 minutes.
6. Save 1 cup of the pan drippings for the blue cheese sauce.
7. While the rib is cooked half way, start preparing the potatoes.
8. In a large saucepan, prepare salt water, add the potatoes and bring it to a boil.
9. Reduce the heat to low and boil for about 15 minutes until tender.
10. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, simmer garlic, butter, and cream for about 20 minutes.
11. In a blender, transfer the garlic mixture and puree until smooth.
12. Drain the potatoes.
13. In a mixing bowl, place the boiled potatoes and add the garlic cream puree; mash them with a fork or potato masher until smooth or lumpy according to your preference.
14. Season the mashed potato with salt and pepper.
15. Cover the bowl with foil to keep warm.
16. In a saucepan, melt the butter to prepare sauce.
17. Stir in shallots and garlic and sautÃ© over medium heat for 2 minutes.
18. Add wine to deglaze the pan and bring the mixture to a boil.
19. Add 1 cup of reserved meat drippings and return to a boil.
20. Add cream, boil again and then lower the heat; simmer until the sauce thickens.
21. Add blue cheese and Worcestershire sauce, and season with salt and pepper.
22. Cut the roasted prime rib into 4 thick slices.
23. In the center of a warm serving plate, place each slice and spoon the sauce all over the meat.
24. Serve with a mound of the potatoes next to the meat.