Cottage Cheese And Onion Tart
|9 inch whole wheat crust||1 , glazed with egg white and cooled|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Ounce (At Room Temperature)|
|Ricotta cheese/Cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sour cream/Yoghurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350Â°F.
2. With a grater or using the metal blade of the food processor, grate the Parmesan finely.
3. With a knife or using the metal blade of the food processor, chop the onions coarsely.
4. In a mixer bowl, add the ricotta cheese and process for 30-45 seconds until smooth.
5. Add the sour cream or yogurt, eggs, nutmeg salt and pepper and blend them together.
6. In a skillet placed over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
7. Add the onions and saute them until limp and dry.
8. Cool slightly and reserve 1/3 aside for the garnish.
9. Mix the rest with the cheese mixture.
10. Take the pastry shell and spoon the mixture into it, topping with the reserved onions.
11. In the oven, bake for 30-45 minutes, until lightly browned.
12. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
13. Serve hot, cut into wedges.