Hung Yogurt Cream Cheese
|Yogurt||2 Quart (1 Liter)|
1. Use a clean and damp double layered cheese cloth or a kitchen towel to line a colander.
2. Pour the yogurt into the lined colander.
3. Make a bag by gathering the ends of the cloth and tie securely with kitchen string.
4. Drain the yogurt by hanging the bag from the kitchen faucet over a container and leave for at least 6 hours or preferably overnight.
5. Empty the cheese in a container and refrigerate.
6. Use the cheese as required in cooking.
Save the whey from hanging the yogurt, that collects in the container and use in baking breads or boiling rice.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1154 Calories from Fat 541
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g94.6%
Saturated Fat 39.7 g198.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 246 mg82%
Sodium 870.2 mg36.3%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.4%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 88.2 g
Protein 66 g131.3%
Vitamin A 37.5% Vitamin C 15.8%
Calcium 228.9% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet