Three Potato Home Fries With Corn, Scallions, And Cheese
|Sweet potato||1 Large, scrubbed|
|Red potatoes||4 Medium, scrubbed|
|Yukon gold potatoes||4 Medium, scrubbed|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Red onion||1 Medium, peeled, thinly sliced|
|Scallions||4 , trimmed, thinly sliced, with white and green parts separated|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), peeled and finely chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced|
|Fresh corn/1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed||2 , kernels removed|
|Tomato||1 Large, diced|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), grated (Packed)|
|Monterey jack cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), grated (Packed)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375Â°F.
2) In a pot, place the sweet potato, red potatoes and Yellow Finn or Yukon Gold potatoes, cover with water and cook for 15 minutes, until tender.
3) Drain and rinse under cold water, then cut the potatoes into 1/3-inch cubes,keep aside.
4) In a large non-stick skillet, saute the potatoes in the olive oil over a high heat, until lightly coloured.
5) Stir in the onion and white part of the scallions, saute for another 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic, stir continuously and saute for 1 minute.
6) Stir in the red bell pepper and corn, saute the until the potatoes are well browned.
7) Stir in the green part of the scallions and season the home fries with the salt and pepper.
8) In a casserole or cast-iron pan, spread the mixture and sprinkle the home fries with the tomato, Cheddar and Monterey jack.
9) Bake the home fries in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes until the cheese melts.
10) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.