Panini With Prosciutto, Roasted Peppers, And Mozzarella
|Italian bread loaf||8 (From Large Loaf, Chewy And Crusty)|
|Prosciutto di parma||1⁄3 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Roasted red pepper||16 Ounce, well drained (1 Jar)|
|Mozzarella||1 Pound, sliced (Smoked Or Fresh)|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (For Drizzling)|
1) Preheat a large non-stick griddle or grill over medium to medium-high flame.
2) Arrange a heavy brick filled with flour or heavy canned goods for pressing the sandwiches.
3) Cover that brick with foil.
4) To make sandwiches, arrange 2-3 slices of prosciutto on one slice of bread.
5) Spread a layer of roasted pepper and then a slice of mozzarella.
6) Cover the filling with another slice of bread and drizzle little oil on one side of sandwich.
7) On the heated grill, place the sandwich with the oily side down.
8) Drizzle some oil on the upward slice of the sandwich and press the bread with the foil-wrapped brick.
9) Brown the sandwiches in this fashion from both the sides for 2-3 minutes.
10) Serve the hot sandwiches immediately.
Calories 2117 Calories from Fat 479
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.3%
Saturated Fat 21.9 g109.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 122.9 mg41%
Sodium 5505.4 mg229.4%
Total Carbohydrates 306 g102.1%
Dietary Fiber 16.2 g64.8%
Sugars 9.9 g
Protein 89 g177.2%
Vitamin A 108.7% Vitamin C 112%
Calcium 104.1% Iron 100.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet