Nut And Cheese Bell Peppers
|Mixed shelled nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Such As Peanuts, Cashews, Almonds)|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
|Low fat cream cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium|
|Green bell pepper||1 Medium|
|Whole wheat toast||4|
1. Slice ½ inch off the stem ends of red and green peppers.
2. Remove and discard the seeds and piths. Keep peppers aside.
3. In a skillet, dry roast the nuts on a medium heat until they are evenly golden brown.
4. Remove onto to paper towels.
5. Sprinkle with salt and cayenne and toss nuts to mix well.
6. When cool chop the nuts and set aside.
7. In a small bowl, add cream cheese and beat until creamy.
8. Stir in the chopped nuts and garlic and season to taste.
9. Spoon this filling into the cleaned peppers, packing them firmly till the rim.
10. Place on a plate, cover with cling film and refrigerate for almost 2 to 3 hours until firm and well chilled.
11. Slice the peppers 1 inch thick with a sharp knife.
12. Serve with hot buttered whole-wheat toast if you like.