Almond Praline Fondue
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Castor sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||To Taste|
|Almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), toasted|
|Cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fruit/Cake / biscuits||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh fruit/Cake/biscuits||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Serving)|
1. Into a small saucepan add castor sugar and vanilla.
2. Leave over a low heat and such that sugar is liquid and golden brown.
3. Add almonds and onto a lightly greased cake tin pour and let it become cold.
4. Preferably with an electric blender grind the mixture very finely.
5. Into fondue pot, add cream, blend in cornflour, stir until thickened and stir in praline.
6. Serve with fresh fruit, cake and biscuits.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3427 Calories from Fat 624
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g106.8%
Saturated Fat 20.4 g101.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.7 mg10.9%
Sodium 855 mg35.6%
Total Carbohydrates 659 g219.6%
Dietary Fiber 16.7 g66.6%
Sugars 409.4 g
Protein 41 g81.7%
Vitamin A 32.9% Vitamin C 99.2%
Calcium 130% Iron 23%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet