Gruyere Cheese Tartlets
|Onions||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Processed gruyere cheese||2 Ounce|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Bake pastry shells in 450-degree oven for 7 minutes.
2. In large skillet over low heat melt butter.
3. Sauté onions in the butter until tender and transparent.
4. In bottom of each pastry shell arrange layer of onions and cover with sliced cheese.
5. Top with another layer of onions.
6. In a bowl, beat thoroughly combining egg, cream, salt and pepper.
7. Pour equal amounts of egg mixture into each shell.
8. Bake in 425-degree oven for about 15 minutes until golden brown on top.
9. Garnish with fried onion rings and watercress if desired and serve.