Cottage Cheese Stollen
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cottage cheese||8 Ounce|
|Powdered sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Almond essence||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Raisins||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 375° F.
2) Take a bowl and sift baking powder, flour and salt in it.
3) Add almonds and raisins.
4) Take another bowl and beat eggs in it.
5) Add sugar, 1/4 cup milk, lemon rind and sugar. Beat well.
6) Cream cottage cheese and 1/2 cup butter together.
7) Stir into the flour mixture alternating with egg mixture.
8) Turn dough on a baking sheet and shape into ring or loaf.
9) Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
10) Take a bowl and combine in it 2 tablespoons butter, powdered sugar, almond flavoring and 1 tablespoon milk.
11) Mix nicely until mixture reaches spreading consistency.
12) Frost bread with mixture and garnish with nuts and cherries, if desired.