|Castor sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock/Water and chicken stock cube||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a heavy saucepan, place vegetables after chopping finely.
2. Add salt, sugar and butter, cut into small pieces.
3. Over a low heat stir such that the butter is melted and the vegetables are golden brown.
4. Adding stock, cook very slowly stirring occasionally such that nearly all the liquid has evaporated.
5. Make use of this fondue as a garnish for grills or as a base for sauces or stuffings.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 715 Calories from Fat 427
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g74.8%
Saturated Fat 29.7 g148.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 125.5 mg41.8%
Sodium 795.9 mg33.2%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22%
Dietary Fiber 11.4 g45.5%
Sugars 29.3 g
Protein 10 g19.9%
Vitamin A 503.3% Vitamin C 90.8%
Calcium 24.6% Iron 28%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet