Cream Cheese Custards With Lettuce And Watercress
|Watercress||3 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Small Bunch)|
|Lettuce head||1 Small (Soft)|
|Cream cheese||1⁄2 Pound (225 Gram)|
|Eggs||5 , beaten|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly grated|
|Nutmeg||1 , freshly grated|
|Milk||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Butter||2 Ounce, softened (50 Gram)|
|Single cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Parsley||3 Tablespoon, fresh chopped|
1. In a large pan, pick over the watercress and remove any old yellowed leaves and tough stalks
2. Wash, drain and cut into thin shreds
3. Wash and drain the lettuce leaves removing ny old and wilted or damaged parts
4. Cut into shreds too
5. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C (Gas Mark 4)
6. In a bowl, tip in the cheese and eggs
7. Mix well to form a soft blended mixture
8. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and nutmeg
9. Add the milk to this mixture gradually
10. When you have a smooth creamy mixture, add in the shredded vegetables
11. Coat six ramekins with softened butter
12. Fill them to the brim with the cheese and leaf mixture.
13. Place the ramekins in a baking tray half filled with hot water.
14. Bake the custards at 350°F/180°C (Gas Mark 4) for 15 to 20 minutes
15. Unmold the custards onto individual dishes.
16. Boil the cream quickly, season to taste, and pour over the custards.
17. Sprinkle with parsley and serve