Baked Goat Cheese With Salad
|Goat cheese rounds||8 , cut about 3/4 inch thick from a log of montrachet|
|Goat cheese round||8 , cut about 3/4 inch thick from a log of montrachet|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh thyme sprig||4|
|Fresh thyme sprigs||4|
|Fine white bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Thyme leaves||1 Teaspoon (Fresh / Dried)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Balsamic vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Assorted greens||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Assortment Of Arugula And Bibb, Oak Leaf, And Ruby Lettuce, 1 Large Handful Per Person)|
|Salad greens||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Assortment Of Arugula And Bibb, Oak Leaf, And Ruby Lettuce, 1 Large Handful Per Person)|
1) In a shallow dish, arrange the cheese.
2) Mix oil and sprigs of thyme and pour over the cheese. Let it stand for several hours or overnight.
3) Pre-heat the oven to 350°.
4) In a wide bowl, mix bread crumbs, thyme leaves, salt, and pepper.
5) Make small rounds of goat cheese in this, and place them in a baking dish.
6) Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is softened and crumbs are golden.
7) As the cheeseballs are baking, mix oil from the marinade with the vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. Pour over the greens and mix well by tossing.
9) Divide the salad on individual serving plates with two slices of warm goat cheese on the side.
10) Serve immediately.