Simple Cheddar Fondue
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Cup (64 tbs), grated|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Tart apples||1 (For Serving)|
1. Along the inside of the fondue pot, rub with cut clove of garlic.
2. In the fondue pot over a very low heat melt the cheese and stir in milk along with seasonings.
3. Add egg yolk and reheat fondue, with constant stirring such that slightly thickened and creamy.
4. Cut with French bread cut into 1 -inch cubes.
5. Peel core and cut tart apples into bite sized pieces.
6. To serve on the fondue fork, spear a cube of bread and a piece of apple for dipping.