Cheese And Fruit Macedoine
|French cream cheese||1⁄2 Pound (225 Gram)|
|Natural yogurt||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Ground almonds||4 Ounce|
|Double cream||2 Fluid Ounce (60 Milliliter)|
|Raw cane sugar||4 Ounce, powdered in a grinder (100 Gram)|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch|
|Mixed fruits||6 Ounce, chopped (Peaches, Pears, Stoned Cherries, Pineapple And Seedless Raisins, 150 Gram)|
|Cherries||6 Ounce, mixed|
|Kirsch||3 Fluid Ounce (90 Milliliter)|
1. Prepare a charlotte mold by lining it with a fine piece of cheesecloth
2. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese with the yogurt and almonds.
3. Whip the cream with half the amount of sugar. Mix well
4. Add the cream/sugar mixture to the cream cheese mixture
5. In another bowl, mix the egg whites and salt till firm peaks are formed
6. Beat in the sugar a little at a time
7. Beat well till all the sugar is incorporated and soft peaks are formed
8. Fold the mixture into the cheese and cream mixture
9. Drain the fruit of excess juices
10. Mix the chopped fruit into the mixture and gently empty it into the charlotte mold
11. Cover with a plate
12. Place a heavy weight on the plate to press the Pascaline down
13. Chill overnight
14. Remove the mould from the refrigerator
15. Lift out the cheesecloth and separate the Pascaline from the mould
16. Give the mixture a firm squeezing to get rid of any residual moisture.
17. Press it back into the charlotte mould for a further hour's chilling
18. Then turn it out onto a serving dish and peel off the cloth.
19. Sprinkle with Kirsch and serve.