Cheddar Spirit Sticks
|Sharp cheddar cheese||12 Ounce, finely shredded|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Beer||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and cheese and beat with a wire whisk or electric mixer until soft and creamy. Let mixture stand for 30 minutes.
2. To the flour add mustard and salt. Keep aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 400°F
4. To the butter-cheese mixture, add the beer and Worcestershire sauce and whisk until well blended.
5. Add the flour mixture and beat until you get a smooth dough.
6. Spoon dough into cookie press or piping bag with nozzle that forms bars or tubes
7. Pipe out into 7-inch long strips onto cookie sheets.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 7-8 minutes or until golden on the edges.
9. Remove and let cool slights until firm.
10. Serve them with soup, dip or stew or enjoy them plain with tea.
Calories 363 Calories from Fat 206
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.7%
Saturated Fat 14.7 g73.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.3 mg23.4%
Sodium 227.5 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.85 g3.4%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 10 g20.9%
Vitamin A 15.4% Vitamin C 0.09%
Calcium 21% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet