|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, chilled, cut to fit food chute|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Caraway seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Cold water||3 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) In the bowl, position the knife and place the disc above it. Keep the shredding side up and shred the cheese.
3) Take the disc out and add the flour, shortening, caraway seeds and salt to the bowl.
4) Pulse the ingredients together till the shortening and cheese have been cut into the flour. This takes about 20 seconds.
5) While the processor is still running, all at once, add the water through the food chute.
6) Process the ingredients for about 10 seconds.
7) Press the dough and form it into a ball.
8) Roll the dough out on a floured surface to a rectangle of 15x12-inches.
9) Sprinkle some salt all over and cut the dough rectangle into strips measuring 4x1-inches each.
10) Place the strips on an unbuttered cookie sheet and bake in the preheated oven till they are lightly browned. This takes about 10 minutes.
11) Serve as preferred.