Cheese and Jalapeno Bites
|Corn tortillas||300 Gram|
|Creme fraiche||200 Milliliter (Reduced Fat)|
|Cheddar||3 Ounce, grated|
|Jalapenos||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Chives||20 Gram, finely chopped|
|Tomato salsa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3
2. The tortillas have to be cut into thirds like pizza slices for the cones
3. Microwave the slices on high for a minute till they are hot
4. Roll each tortilla third into a cone shape with the loose-end down. Ensure that the rolls don’t spring open during cooking.
5. Bake these rolls in a hot oven for 20-25 minutes till crisp. Remove and allow the rolls to cool on a wire rack.
6. Prepare the filling by mixing crème fraiche, japalenos, cheese, and most of the chives together.
7. Just before serving spoon the filling in to the prepared cones. Preferably, fill the cones only 10 minutes before serving
8. Place the filled cones on a platter and scatter over shredded cheese. Serve with pre-made tomato salsa as a dip
The tortilla cones can be made up to two days in advance. Store them in an airtight can.
Calories 371 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.5%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.3 mg7.4%
Sodium 215.3 mg9%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.2%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 11 g22.7%
Vitamin A 14.4% Vitamin C 31.4%
Calcium 22.8% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet