Calzoni With Three Cheese
|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|All-purpose flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs) (Approximately)|
|Coarsely ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon (Approximately)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Mozzarella cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
|Herb goat cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
|Minced fresh parsley/3 tablespoon chives / basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced fresh chives/3 tablespoon parsley / basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced fresh basil/3 tablespoon parsley / chives||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 500 degrees.
2) In case food processor is not being used, prepare the dough by hand and skip to step 4. If processor is being used, fit it with a steel blade or a dough blade and pour in 1 cup of hot tap water. Sprinkle in the yeast and pulse the machine on and off at least twice in order to dissolve the yeast.
3) With the processor still running, add 3 cups of flour and salt and pepper. Keep processing for another 10 to 15 seconds or till the dough forms a ball. Squeeze a bit of dough in the hand to test the consistency. If the dough sticks in the palm, make it less sticky by adding more flour and processing. On the other hand, if the dough is too hard, add some more water and process till the consistency is smooth and elastic. Allow the dough to rise in the bowl of the processor for about 10 minutes.
4) Use vegetable oil to grease a large baking pan.
5) Peel the garlic and mince it.
6) With a grater, shred the mozzarella coarsely and crumble the goat cheese by hand.
7) Combine together the ricotta and goat cheese in a medium-sized bowl and use a fork to beldn. Fold in the garlic and herbs. Ensure that the ingredients are not overmixed or the herbs would impart a greenish tinge. Fold in the mozzarella cheese.
8) To a lightly floured surface, transfer the dough and knead briefly. Pat into a ball and divide the dough into quarters.
9) With a rolling pin, roll out every dough piece into an 8-inch circle which is about 1/8-inch thick. If needed, dust the rolling pin with flour.
10) On lower half of each dough circle, place 1/4th of filling. Leave 1-inch border. Use cold water to dampen the edges and fold the top half of the circle over the filling. Then fold the border back in order to double seal and with the tines of a fork, crimp the edges.
11) With a wide metal spatula, transfer the calzone to the previously prepared baking pan. Brush with olive oil and bake in preheated oven on the bottom rack for about 15 minutes or till the preparation has turned golden and is puffed.
12) Serve hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4457 Calories from Fat 2315
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 264 g406.6%
Saturated Fat 98.3 g491.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 534.9 mg178.3%
Sodium 3489.5 mg145.4%
Total Carbohydrates 365 g121.7%
Dietary Fiber 15.9 g63.8%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 166 g332.6%
Vitamin A 153.3% Vitamin C 72.6%
Calcium 178.8% Iron 151.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet