Crostini Alla Mozzarella Breaded Fried Mozzarella Cheese
|Shortening/Cooking oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Fat Frying)|
|Mozzarella cheese||1⁄2 Pound, cut into 3/4 inch cubes (Low Moisture Type Is Best)|
|Unsifted flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Soft white bread crumbs||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1) Heat the shortening over a medium heat until the inserted deep fat thermometer reaches 375° F.
2) Dredge the cheese in flour, dip in the beaten eggs, then in the crumbs, repeat with the eggs and crumbs again. Press the crumbs lightly to coat well.
3) Deep fry the cheese cubes in batches for 30-40 seconds until evenly brown.
4) Remove with a slotted spoon, drain well on a paper towel and keep warm.
5) Serve immediately with the tomato sauce or as desired.