Pasta With Onions And Goat Cheese
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Sweet onions||4 Cup (64 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Goat cheese||3 Ounce|
|Skim milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bow tie pasta/Other pasta||6 Ounce, uncooked|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Dry white wine/Fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth||2 Tablespoon|
|Sage leaves/1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) In a small bowl, mix goat cheese and milk. Blend thoroughly and set aside.
2) Follow the package instruction to cook pasta, without salt. Drain water and set aside.
3) In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium heat.
4) Sauté onions until golden and caramelized, about 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5) Add garlic and sauté together to soften, about 3 minutes.
6) Stir in wine, sage, salt and pepper and cook to evaporate the moisture.
7) Add pasta and goat cheese mixture after removing from heat.
8) Stir well to melt the cheese.
9) Serve by sprinkling walnuts.
Calories 314 Calories from Fat 143
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.4%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.6 mg7.5%
Sodium 355.6 mg14.8%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.6%
Sugars 13.5 g
Protein 12 g23.4%
Vitamin A 9.1% Vitamin C 21.2%
Calcium 26.9% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet